To carpet or not to carpet? If you’re thinking about your flooring options, you’ve likely asked yourself this question. Well, there are certainly great benefits to carpeting. As a product, it can improve the look and feel of your home by adding a degree of warmth and comfort other flooring material simply can’t provide. Not only does it add beauty and style but carpet also serves a practical advantage against hard slips and falls, which are an even greater risk with the elderly.
Carpet also has a positive effect on indoor air quality. Common household air contaminants such as pollen, dust, pet, and other dander fall to the floor, which carpet helps trap in its fibers thereby preventing their circulation in the air you breathe. Proper cleaning with a good vacuum will effectively remove those particles, which is a significant benefit for those with asthma and allergies. Here are other great advantages and insider-knowledge around carpet:
- Carpet Prices: While other flooring options may be cheaper up-front, carpet offers great affordability, especially when the time of installation arrives. Carpet prices will vary based on the type of fiber, padding, and coloring method used, but to the consumer’s advantage it means a selection that is far and wide. Single vendors for example carry upwards of 20,000 varieties!
- Durability: Carpet can last for years; it just requires the right selection of fiber, twist, and density. There are up to six different fibers used with nylon, polyester, and polypropylene (olefin) among them. Sound confusing? Well, LA Carpet’s experts can help you sort out all of this.
- Noise Reduction: Carpet is an extraordinary sound-reducer. Carpeted flooring can reduce the sound of walking, depending on the type of carpeting and the padding that sits underneath. Carpet works to absorb the noise of electronics and helps prevent sound from traveling to neighbors downstairs or below.
- Carpets vs. Rugs: Although sometimes used interchangeably, these two terms are as distinct as nylon is to wool. Carpeting refers to flooring that stretches wall-to-wall and is fastened in place. When talking about rugs, you’re talking about a piece of carpeting that covers just a portion or specific area of the floor.
Get a FREE in-home estimate from LA Carpet
- Shop from the comfort of your home with a design consultant
- Enjoy the same great prices and financing options you’d receive in-store
- Get an estimate based on your actual house measurement
- No obligation to buy
Stop by LA Carpet today to view our wide cross-section of carpets and other flooring options. We also offer carpet installation services backed by a lifetime service guarantee. Or, if you prefer to see selections in the comfort and lighting of your home, just let us know! LA Carpet provides free, shop-at-home services that offer the same great prices and financing options as those you’ll find in-store.