Laminate is a relatively new floor covering material. A multi-layered, synthetic product, laminate’s primary function, outside of being a surface-type for your home, is imitation. Laminate wood flooring is designed to mimic the appearance of real wood, ceramics, or even natural stone. The best laminate flooring, including any laminate wood flooring, typically comes with a wear layer that will protect the material from stains, moisture damage, and even fading from UV light making it a versatile choice to suit any room.
In addition, the variety of options available strikes at another clear advantage: choice. From wood laminate flooring to tile and stone with a myriad of designs, surface types, and species like Golden Bamboo, Glazed Hickory, and Cherry Woodlands, we can provide the most cost-effective and aesthetically appealing look for any floor layout and design. And that’s not all- other benefits of laminate flooring include its:
- Durability: Floor life expectancy can be upwards of 20 years, depending on the foot traffic and quality of laminate. A high-density fiberboard core and high-quality manufacturing provides a surface typically harder than that of natural wood. Of course, proper care and maintenance always helps, and for laminates that’s not too much trouble.
- Easy Maintenance: Regular sweeping, dry mopping, or a simple wipe down with a damp cloth is all that’s needed to maintain even the best laminate flooring. Laminate flooring is resistant to stains, moisture damage, and is naturally resistant to the growth of mold and bacteria.
- Cost-Friendliness: The biggest selling point with laminate is the cost. At price per square foot, the synthetic flooring material is relatively cheap, especially compared to natural wood and actual stone or ceramic, and that’s not even accounting for installation. Laminate flooring is easy to install, often as simple as clicking the pieces together over the top of an underlayment, helping absorb the imperfections of the subfloor and softening some of the impact.
- Versatility: Laminate is versatile. It can fit to most spaces with multi-strip or plank-styled cuts along with varying widths to choose from. Additionally, several unique looks can be achieved with various species and surface types, from bamboo to oak. You can even get laminate to suit your kitchen countertops!
Get a FREE in-home estimate from LA Carpet
- Shop from the comfort of your home with a design consultant
- Enjoy the same great prices and financing options you’d receive in-store
- Get an estimate based on your actual house measurement
- No obligation to buy
LA Carpet has the best laminate flooring any retailer could offer, with floating installation and expert consultation to help you along the way. We offer eco-friendly alternatives that adhere to strict indoor air quality standards as well as rigid and rigorous formaldehyde emissions standards to help protect you and your family from any harmful volatile organic compounds. You could have new your new flooring in just days by calling or making an appointment with LA Carpet today!